As the rains bring a much needed respite from the heat, it’s time we take a break from everyday formal outfits and try out new styles. Here are some tips for women and men by Vaanee and Dheeraj Bhatia, founders, Gritstones.
Tips for Monsoon Clothing for Women:
1. Women can start with their fresh light fabrics, bright colours like yellow, orange, red, pink, blue and some mixtures of fluorescent and electric colours.
2. Light fabrics like cotton, chiffon, and silk dry out quickly.
3. Follow Bollywood celebs and incorporate culottes, playsuits, printed dresses and skirts, cigarettes pants, in your wardrobe.
4. There is a new trend of wearing short kurtis with leggings or churidar; long dupattas can be replaced with scarfs and stoles.
5. Jeans, long skirts, and heavy material should be avoided in this weather.
8. Accessories like fancy umbrellas and jelly shoes will help to complete your look.
Tips for Monsoon Clothing for Men:
1. Go for cotton shirts or casual printed shirts this season.
2. Shorts and capris are attractive and easy to wear. Even getting drenched in rain will result in less of a hassle.
3. Athletes who are into running, football, cricket wear dri-fit (a polyester microfibe) mechanized clothes as they are comfortable and dry off sweat quickly.
4. Monsoon accessories men can opt for are waterproof bags, a waterproof watch, umbrella and flip flops.